I graduated from university in Australia and went overseas to work in the offshore oil and gas sector on and off over the next 18 years. Travel, it seems, has always been a part of my life.
When we’re road-tripping, I take care of the route planning, choosing the overnight stops, and generally, checking for any interesting things we shouldn’t miss along the way. Oh, and let’s not forget the all-important role of a designated driver.
Photography is my passion which mates perfectly with our travel life allowing me to capture the essence of a place in my images which I share on our travel blog and other platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube).
Australia, Singapore and Dubai have all been called home before I began our road-tripping around the world adventure. Now though, with no fixed address, I guess you could call us global nomads.
With long-term travel being our ‘normal’, I think it’s fair to say that my eagerness to see around the next corner is due to the wandering spirit inside me.
8 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME
- Proud Australian, calling the world my home
- Keeping fit is important for me…. healthy body = a healthy mind
- I prefer to live outside my comfort zone — it’s a lot more fun!
- If I had to make a choice to live within the hustle and bustle of city life or live a quiet existence elsewhere — I’d go for quiet every time
- I am an animal lover, especially dogs
- Every place has a story to tell and I enjoy finding out what that story is
- Favourite quote: “Travelling is about finding those things you never knew you were looking for.”
- I’m grateful I can share this adventure with my one true love, my wife, Shelley